The highly regarded and well renowned Serengeti. It is almost hard to describe this park, it’s a huge park with an enormous diversity and -amount of animals. The Serengeti is most famous for the Great Migration and it’s classical never-ending savannah. The Serengeti Ecosystem is roughly 25,000 sq. km (the size of the neighbouring country Rwanda), this includes the Maasai Mara in Kenya (1,500 sq. km.) and the Serengeti N.P. at almost 10x the size (14,700 sq. km.) amongs other smaller areas and buffer zones. The Serengeti National Park is divided into three main areas:
- Serengeti Plains: The mental-image most people have of Africa; Long, almost treeless plains packed with wildlife. The migration passes through from December to May.
- Western Corridor: Black clay/swampy savannah close to Grumeti River, housing Nile crocodile amongst others. The migration passes through from May to July.
- Northern Serengeti (bordering to Kenya): Open woodlands and hills. The migration passes through from July to November.
Combine Serengeti with the Ngorongoro Crater and you have a combination of the two most renowned safari destinations in the world! Personally we prefer the southern areas as they have far lesser tourists, but they also have a bit lower density of animals, so for first-timers or travellers trekking up Kilimanjaro these areas are fantastic (NB: the south is also magnificent for first-timers, and far cheaper!).
- A response to your quote request within 24 hours of receipt, and timely communication thereafter;
- A friendly, patient approach, with a personal touch and professional suggestions;
- Expertise and knowledge to clearly understand your needs;
- Sensitivity regarding any special needs you may have;
- Relentless efforts to make sure your program includes everything you require;
- Superbly designed itineraries;
- Caring drivers who put a premium on safety, and, importantly, know their stuff;
- A new, well-maintained, and comfortable 4×4 safari vehicle fleet, with good openings for wildlife spotting and photography;
- High-quality equipment, especially for mountain expeditions;
- Accommodation with the highest standards;
- Ongoing collaboration with our suppliers to ensure that best practices are being followed in healthcare and safety;
- A seamless holiday where everything goes like clockwork and as promised;