Tarangire is also an underestimated park, although almost as expensive as The Serengeti, and with many visitors, this national park offers some things few other parks have. Lions are common, large population of elephants, a river running consistently with water (even through the drought) and topographical variation unlike the other northern parks.
Visiting this park in the end of May or start of June will let you see it all lush and green, but there might still be a few raindrops in the air. This parks prime is from June to October, with an increasing tension between the animals getting a sip of water from the Tarangire River. This is the only river in the area that always has water, so it is a critical and life-depending source for most of the animals in the park.
If you’re climbing the majestic Kilimanjaro and would like a short safari too, this park is a great, short-travel alternative, and in combination with Lake Manyara a full-worthy safari experience. If you plan for 5-6 days of safari or more we can recommend stopping in this park for a half-day safari on your way to the Ngorongoro Crater.
Again we feel the need to emphasize that also Tarangire can offer both good and incredible safaris, this is because of large variations in both animal type and density depending on season. As no seasons are the same we hope you take this into consideration and account. Let it also be said that we have personally had very good experiences in Tarangire!
- A response to your quote request within 24 hours of receipt, and timely communication thereafter;
- A friendly, patient approach, with a personal touch and professional suggestions;
- Expertise and knowledge to clearly understand your needs;
- Sensitivity regarding any special needs you may have;
- Relentless efforts to make sure your program includes everything you require;
- Superbly designed itineraries;
- Caring drivers who put a premium on safety, and, importantly, know their stuff;
- A new, well-maintained, and comfortable 4×4 safari vehicle fleet, with good openings for wildlife spotting and photography;
- High-quality equipment, especially for mountain expeditions;
- Accommodation with the highest standards;
- Ongoing collaboration with our suppliers to ensure that best practices are being followed in healthcare and safety;
- A seamless holiday where everything goes like clockwork and as promised;